Tuesday, August 19, 2008

MBA - I feel old!


So...I've decided to go back to school and get my MBA. My original reason to do this was to go into management. However, last week, after enrolling and paying for my classes, I was promoted to manager. So, now my new motivation for this degree is just to improve my resume and for promotional purposes in the future. Anywho....I can tell it has been a while since I have been in school. I go bee-bopping into class tonight with a blank spiral notebook and ball point pen and that is it. I start noticing that almost all of the other classmates walk in with the notes already printed, textbooks, syllabus, etc. Apparently in the eight years since I have been out of school something came out called Web CT where all assignments and other relevant course information is posted and so you are already supposed to be in the "know". When I asked the professor what Web CT was everyone got a good laugh and asked when the last time I was enrolled in a class was and told me to see him after class to explain! Yeah...I was feeling a little dated. I'd like to say that I am now in the "know" and am ready to conquer the next two years (we will see if I'm still this confident after the first few assignments are due). It should be an adventure and hopefully a nice adult outlet (and break from Dora and Scooby Doo!)

1 comment:

Garrett said...

I regret not getting my masters. I am so proud of you! You get mother of the year!!!