Monday, August 18, 2008

Melting Pot Mania


So..last Thursday some friends and I had a girls' night out at the Melting Pot in Kennesaw which continued on to the Back Porch Grill in Marietta. I'm not sure how old I thought I was but I'm definitely not winning any mother-of-the year awards for that night. No seriously....I hired a great babysitter named Holly for the first time who the kids absolutely loved. I think I got too busy talking / laughing during dinner that I forgot to eat enough...all the while I kept sipping on the wine. Basically I was so drunk that I was barely able to relieve the sitter, threw up all night long, and continued barfing until around 1 or 2 the next day (hence missing a very important day at work). It makes me feel better to tell myself it was probably more some undercooked meat from the fondue than the fact that I can no longer handle alcohol but who knows...I just know I won't be going to the Melting Pot for a LONG time and will probably take a nice break from alcohol as well. At least while at dinner I got the low-down on Becky's low carb regimen her trainer put her on and I've been trying it since Saturday (thought it would be a good time to start on a TOTALLY empty stomach after puking all day).

No comments: